Just for brides
This is your once-in-a-lifetime day! Let a professional bridal consultant handle the details with you. It's your big day: make certain it turns out perfectly and enjoy your wedding!
What is a bridal consultant?
A bridal or wedding consultant is a professional whose training, expertise, and contacts will help make your wedding as close to perfect as it possibly can be – and let you relax and enjoy your wedding. You can count on a professional consultant to help you in many roles:
- Advisor: As an expert, the consultant knows weddings, from the socially correct invitation formats through the proper planning and organization of the reception.
- Coordinator: Through extensive contacts in the wedding business, the consultant can match you with the right professionals, from photographer to caterer, to turn your wedding dreams into reality.
- Supervisor: Why should you worry about the details of planning your wedding? Your consultant will work with the other professionals you have chosen to make sure everything happens just as you want it.
- Financial Planner: If you’re working with a budget (and who isn’t?), your consultant can help you organize your dream wedding within your budget by suggesting ways to make your dollar go the farthest.
- Mediator: Caught between “ex”-families and “step”-families? A bridal professional, as an independent third party, often can smooth ruffles feathers and mediate disagreements. Sometimes your consultant may be nothing more than a “shoulder to cry on” to support you during the hectic days before your wedding.
Do I need a bridal consultant?
A consultant will be a distinct asset as you plan your wedding. Wouldn’t it be nice to spend time with your fiancé and your families rather than worrying about all the details of your special day? A consultant will take care of the details, leaving you to have the fun. And on the wedding day, you can shine as the star while your consultant works behind the scenes to make it all happen
What will a bridal consultant do for me?
In addition to helping make your wedding dreams come true within your budget – and perhaps saving you costly mistakes – a consultant will save you time. With today’s hectic lifestyle, many bridal couples and their families do not have the time for the detailed planning and work a beautiful wedding requires. A professional consultant, working with you, can handle the details, allowing you the freedom to do what you want to do.
Can I afford a bridal consultant?
A wedding consultant is part of your budget, not an extra expense. In fact, you often save money because a consultant suggests less expensive alternatives that still enhance your wedding. Consultants often can obtain discounts from supplies. Above all, the professional bridal consultant will work with you to produce your dream wedding, including the consultant’s fee, all within your budget.
Why can’t I do the planning myself?
You certainly can do the planning yourself, and that sometimes is part of the fun of your wedding. However, it also can be a hassle, checking out many sources for each vendor, making sure all the details are in place and worrying about whether you’re getting the best deal – and whether everything will turn out all right. A bridal professional has the training and experience to make it all work, while you relax and focus on being the bride.
Code of Etiqutte: The professional bridal consultant will:
- Represent each client fairly and honestly, providing all agreed-to services in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Establish reasonable and proper fees for services and provide written estimates to each client.
- Use honest, factual advertising.
- Deal with employees and clients fairly, in an unbiased manner.
- Operate an establishment that is a credit to the community.
- Disclose to clients any payments received from suppliers.